Utilise these simple tips and feel the benefits
- Position the monitor and keyboard directly in front of you.
- Adjust the height of your chair so that your elbows are about level with your keyboard.
- If your feet are not firmly on the floor use a footrest.
- Set the monitor at approximately one arms length from your eyes.
- Ensure that the top of your monitor is just below eye level.
- Position the keyboard 5 - 10cm from the front of the desk.
- Angle the monitor slightly upwards toward your eyes.
- Vary your sitting position throughout the day to suit the task.
Reading and writing at the desk is more comfortable if the chair is slightly lower. This allows the written material to be closer to the eyes.